Saturday

Tracking PR and Communications Marketing in Social Media

The public relations shift into social media marketing is important. I wrote about this in my Huffington Post Media blog. Richard Edelman calls this brave new world "communications marketing" as a way to distinguish the work from traditional marketing communications. As one of 80 media professors and administrators at the #2014 Academic Summit, I am influenced by the ongoing development of social media and digital technologies.

My new book, Social Media Communication (2015), focuses on the evolution of social media across journalism, public relations, advertising and marketing. Beyond the need to understand social media data, we must be concerned about law, ethics and media literacy. As we move to the second decade of social media and the third decade of online life, I expect increasing maturity in the discussion about best practices.

No comments: